Fall is an exciting time around here, and to kick-off one of our favorite seasons, we’re throwing a Harvest Party in the greenhouse. Join us for live music from Ragged Company and fresh pizza from Dante Pizzeria – made on site from 11am to 1:30pm with their mobile wood-fired oven. Archetype Coffee will be here too with their specialty coffee and artisanal baked goods from pastry chef Kate Anderson of Dodo Bakery.
To help celebrate the season, local artists from Two Keys Creative Studios will be here as well to help you make your own nature-inspired artwork. We’ll also have hayrack rides through the nursery, honey tasting, and other activities too. And if you have a heart-melting pie recipe, consider joining us for our fall pie contest and a chance to win a $100 gift card to your favorite garden center. Find more information below, including the rules and how to register.
Fall Pie Contest
Help us celebrate the fall season with a friendly pie contest! We can’t wait to see who will steal our hearts with the best homemade pie!
First Place – $100 Mulhall’s Gift Card
Second Place – $50 Mulhall’s Gift Card
Third Place – $25 Mulhall’s Gift Card
- Entries must be pre-registered by Thursday, September 7th by calling 402-496-0700 or stopping by our Customer Service desk. Be sure to have a name for your recipe when you call.
- Only one entry is allowed per person, and you must be present at the event to win.
- Both the crust and filling must be made from scratch. No frozen dessert pies please.
- Consider sharing your recipe by emailing it to email@example.com by Thursday, September 8th. Thinking of entering your secret family recipe? No problem—sharing recipes is not required.
- After completing pre-registration (by September 7th), just drop off your pie at our store between 12:00pm and 12:30pm on Saturday, September 9th.
- Entries will be judged by our official pie-testers, and tasting will be open to the public starting at 1:30pm. As you wait to sample the competition, be sure to grab a bite to eat from Dante’s mobile pizza oven, enjoy the live music and other fun activities happening during our Harvest Party.
- Winners will be announced at 1:45pm.